Thursday, March 3, 2011

Traveling Our Lady of Sorrows Statue

Recently I decided to partake in a beautiful devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows with 2 very good friends of mine. After acquiring 2 beautiful 24 inch statues, it was decided to take these statues and allow them to travel throughout people's homes so that they could honor such a timeless depiction of Our Blessed Mother. These statues are to be found in the Little Rock, and Northwest Arkansas area.

Here's how it works:
  • A family or individual that is interested in taking Our Lady of Sorrows into their home agrees to take her for 7 days.
  • In those 7 days the individual agrees to pray the Chaplet to Our Lady of Sorrows daily, meditating on the 7 sorrows felt by the Blessed Mother.
  • Along with the statue comes a journal, which can be used to write prayer intentions, miracles, and experiences during your time with the Blessed Mother.
  • After these 7 days you pass the statue on to the next family.

Devotion to the 7 Sorrows of the Blessed Mother is said to be the most powerful devotion one can have in honor of her. 

Along with praying the Chaplet to Our Lady of Sorrows, comes 7 promises:
  1. I will grant peace to their families.
  2.They will be enlightened about the Divine mysteries.
  3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
  4. I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the      adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
  5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
  6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother.
  7. I have obtained this Grace from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.


As the weeks have passed, I have seen the impact this devotion has had on those who have taken Our Lady into their homes and ultimately their hearts. I encourage you to take some time to learn about all of the graces that come from this most beautiful and powerful devotion. Just think, there is no better person to bring you to Christ then his very Mother who sacrificed everything for him and humanity. Lets face it, we are in the end times, we need all the graces we can get. This is a sure way to take on the Blessed Mother as your friend and advocate. Lastly, I encourage you to obtain a picture or statue of Our Lady of Sorrows and have her displayed in you home. The amount of graces and love is felt by this devotion are unexplainable.

**If you are interested in taking on Our Lady of Sorrows for a period of time, feel free to contact me and I will get you in touch with the proper channels. 

The Chaplet is as follows:
1) Act of Contrition
2) Announce the First Sorrow. Our Father... then pray Seven Hail Marys while meditating on the Sorrow
3) Announce each respective Sorrow, pray the Our Father, then pray Seven Hail Marys while meditating on the Sorrow.
4) Finish with three Hail Marys for the Tears of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
5) Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be for the intentions of the Holy Father 6) Final prayer is: ' Virgin Most Sorrowful, Pray for Us' three times. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, your an inspiration to our family! Keep up the great work in spreading the One True Faith!! Preach it brother.

    ReplyDelete